Saturday 4 July 2009

An Ode of Shifting Space

As I packed my belongings
I tried hard to breathe in the memories
I left nothing but the dried roses
I hired a small pick-up to take away the little that I own
x x x x x x
x x x x x x
As I locked the door
I experienced the emotion
I made a promise to cherish the humble space
That was a home of mine since the last summer
x x x x x x



x x x x x x
I drove ahead
Heading to a new space
I was tired and sweaty on that humid summer day
Yet I felt fresh in my new found kingdom
Seeing the welcoming white weeds
x x x x x x

x x x x x x
In my new space
I felt the emptiness
I could hear the echo
I bought a TV, a washing machine and a fridge
So my new space is now vibrating
Then I bought a sofa set and a coffee table
So it is filled and stuffed
Later I will get a bed, an electric stove and a play station
So it will be a place to dream, dine and dodge
In my new space
I felt naked and exposed
The curtain man promised to come
But he missed his appointment
In the meantime, the bed cover keeps my privacy
x x x x x x


x x x x x x

In my new space

I waited for days

For the cable guy to come and get me connected

Now I have had the Internet and the cable TV

So the new drama begins.....

7 comments:

Inah said...

is that ur new place?? OMG..jaw dropping :P

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Jumper...have a great time at a new place, have a great dream that accompany your restful nights, have a great moment wandering around your own space, have a great peace and joy of your dream abode that will be part of your journey in the far, far away land...;-)

Syamsulfaiz said...

Nice curtain jumper hahaha.. I had one before but now decided to bare it all.
As what all the alpha males will do, remember to 'mark' your new place so that others won't dare intrude your kingdom. A home must smell like a home.

AiWongKa said...

the movers are having very good business, many people are moving, out of Dubai, within Dubai as well as new arrival. I had to pay AED1500 (half load of a 3 tons truck) to move to another apt less than 1km away. cheers.

Azmir Ismail said...

Hope your new crib rocks more than the old one ;-) if u know what I;m saying ...:D

Jumper said...

Inah,
Yes it is. You're most welcome if you ever land your feet in Dubai.

Danial,
Thanks for the great wishes. I wish you nothing less in the place you settle, wherever it might be...

Syamsulfaiz,
Nasution? Is it for real? Unless you're an Indonesian, it sounds weird though.

I think I'll pass the alpha male rituals. The kingdom I live now is just a property. My home is Malaysia, and I'd rather let it smell of rendang, sambal kerang, sambal udang and sambal belacan and of course durian!

Nyonya,
So you have moved. Incase you're making a new house warming, put me in the invitation list. I don't plan any, I can't cook and I have nothing to show off. Anyway, enjoy your new home. Don't worry about the AED1500, you hubby can make much much more...

Ome,
I'm trying to keep it rocking, if you know what i mean ;-)
Thanks dude for dropping by.

hady said...

enjoy your new home
and of course your new drama!

living drama is exciting, yet tiring.. if u know what i mean

:p