Wednesday 30 September 2009

It Has Been A While

It has been a while since I did my last posting in this blog. Since then I had gone home twice. It was great to see my wife receiving her scroll in her graduation day in August. The last time in Tasmania, she had no one waiting for her outside as she marched out of the convocation hall. This time around, she had bouquets of flowers, hugs and kisses from me, the kids, the parents, her brother and sisters. It was one of her happy days. She has now decided to further her neurology studies. She is considering to make another big decision whether to pursue that in France or Australia in a couple of years to come. At the same time, she knows that I am hoping that she would live with me and work in Dubai. Well, there will be a time we will have to talk about it, but not now.


I went home again in September to be with my family on the last few days of Ramadhan and also to celebrate the first week of Syawal. It was a great Syawal. Great food, great time. But the time was short. I just had enough time to spend with family members in Johor and Singapore. I wish I could have more time so that I could meet some great friends in this great Syawal.

"Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Batin - ingatan tulus ikhlas dari kami sekeluarga"


On the 6th Syawal, the day we returned from Johor Bahru, we discovered that a desperado had broken into our house in Klang and taken tit bits like Astro decoder, DVD player, digital camera, 14kg cooking gas cylinder (I'm not kidding!) and some other insignificant things. We are lucky that we carried all our cash money and jewelleries with us during the holidays. But we are not lucky that the burglar got hold of our house spare keys and my wife's bank account books. So I was busy making police report and fixing things up, before I got into the plane back to Dubai. I told my wife that in Dubai, I sometimes left my car unlocked in the parking lot, my balcony door is left ajar for fresh air and there is no need to have a great grilled door equipped with super-security locks and she can walk in Dubai streets with a sparkling bling-bling Gucci hand bag without worries of being victimized by the street snatcher..........



Now, I am back in my safe but lonely den in Dubai, looking forward for my family to come and visit me in December. Being alone now after being surrounded by the loved ones just a week before, is really depressive. I am hoping the transition can be geared up quickly so that I can move on. Thank God, summer has come to an end. We are now blessed with days of pleasant weather. We are seeing more and more blue sky. I am hoping to fill up the vacuum from now until December with some happy thoughts of things to do. I am hoping for the peaceful moment by the beach, reading some good books with the sound of the waves and the blue horizon to zoom out the tiring eyes. I am hoping to meet up with Malaysian friends over dinner and talk in Malay with coffee taste in the mouth that waters down the hot and spicy Asian meals. I am hoping to hit the gym to shred the excess accumulated from the raya treat. I am hoping to run, run and run to prepare my feet for the next marathon. I am hoping to do more at work to meet the year end with a style and satisfaction. Thank God, there are plenty of hopes to drag me out of the depression. So excuse me, I need to get myself out there......

9 comments:

Ms B said...

jumper,

Finally a filler. I am glad that you had a nice time with your family. And yes, it feels different after spending much time with them.

Perhaps France is a better option as it's only 6/7 hours aways from Dubai.

Anyway, the theme for this year was blue, eh?

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Jumper...congrats to your wife on her great achievement and the family with the abundance joy! France or Australia, it just a 6 degrees separation...;-)

Syamsulfaiz said...

Congrats Jumper. Don't worry too much about being lonely. You are not alone. Soon I'll be your another lonely friend in Dubai. We'll have coffee and motivate each other, as always. Look forward to meet yr family in December mate !

Al Khalifah said...

Congrats fr yr wife achievement. You have long way to go but there'll be time for you to decide a place call home, a permanent one. For now, enjoy and cherish the moment of your journey before you reach the destination.....Rgds

hady said...

congratulation for ur wife..

and welcome back to dubai!

i went back to malaysia for 2 weeks, dan terasa sangat nikmat menghabiskan masa di sana! all the food, chit chat dengan nak, adik, abang dan kakak, keluar berjalan dengan kawan kawan

dan hanya akan balik semula after a year.. huhu..

azizi said...

hmm,
kudos to your wife. she deserves as such.
well, insya' Allah what you've planned will be granted by Him.
He is the great planner.
May Allah bless you and your family.

AiWongKa said...

wah...your wife Boleh! Congrat! kesian your son...dwarfed by the bouquets...
sorry to hear tht your house was burglarised,...sigh...never ending story in this country...

Jumper said...

Ms B,
Indeed France is a better option. I may get the chance to practise French more. Yet there are still many things to consider. We'll see.

danial,
My wife said thanks.

Syamsulfaiz,
Thanks mate for your Malaysian hospitality. I'll surely call you when I need your company.

Al Khalifah,
My home will always be Malaysia; though I was born in Singapore and now residing in Dubai. Thank you for your wise and kind words.

Hady,
Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed your raya. So I read about the 'disaster' on your journey. Tu lah... dah berhutang buat2 tak tau. But I kesian jugak kat you, being 5-digit short from the saving. Hopefully you learn your lesson well.

Azizi,
My wife said thanks.
Thank you for such a wonderful thought.

Nyonya,
Thanks for dropping by. Aren't we lucky to live in Dubai, where there are so many rich people and so few burglars? So the chance of the peanut-sized wage earner like me, to get rob is very slim. What a peace of mind.
Have a nice day!

Jumper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.