Wednesday 20 January 2010

Dubai-Fujairah-Oman-KL-Japan-Dubai (Part 1)

December has been eventful for me. My wife and my kids had come to visit me in Dubai. It was great having them warming the house while I was in the office and factory working hard to meet several deadlines before the year end. There were sessions of appraisals, report writings and meetings that occupied the days in December, that I was not able to be a really good host for them in their visit this year. Fortunately the beach is just a 5-minute drive from my apartment. I took them for a splash in the wavy sea and a slow camel ride along the beach of Jumeirah. We went to The Wild Wadi, the place they really enjoyed last year. This time around my son is above 1.1 meter. His height with his hair spiked upwards to add an extra inch, had granted him to take all the adrenaline rides and slides. He took them all. It was great watching them finding their balance as they had their brief surfing lessons there........









My wife has been a more seasoned shopper in Dubai. Last year she didn't buy anything from the Malls of the Emirates. She said the prices there were ridiculous and somehow made her felt like a pauper in the palace. This year she had a few bags of things to pose with, there.......




We checked out The Heritage House in the old Dubai area. It is the first museum the kids have ever entered and an eye opener for them about emirati culture and heritage which has many similar values with ours......




When my work was done, I bid farewell to the factory to start my vacation. We drove away from Dubai to Fujairah, another emirate at the east coast of UAE. We stayed in a nice resort, located at the Al-Aqah beach, near Dibba. The kids enjoyed swimming in the the warm pool. We had dinner and celebrated my wife's birthday which was a few days before Christmas. We sang her the birthday song and she made her wishes. The next day, I had an early morning run along the beach, leaving my shoe prints along the way. It was a refreshing run with the scenic view of sunrise and the fishermen hauling their catch. It was a good retreat for us especially my wife who woke up with a new age.......









To be continued.........

2 comments:

Syamsulfaiz said...

Hadiff's pic at the top is really a baywatch classic !
My wife and I were honoured to have your family as our guests despite their hectic itinerary. Hope to see them again another time.
Good luck for your Marathon !

Jumper said...

We enjoyed your wife's delicious nasi ayam and your great hospitality. Thanks a lot! Too bad we were not able to host your family with our home-cooked meal. Maybe next time...