Monday 9 November 2009

The United Germany and My Mollies

Today is a special day. If I were to rule the world, I would declare today as the world's most celebrated public holiday. It is the day to celebrate the fall of the Berlin Wall that took place 2 decades ago. But I don't rule the world, not even a chocolate factory. Hence, it's business as usual.
When I woke up this morning, I was struck with the the wisdom that I have recently embraced. It sounds something like this, 'You may not change the world but you can change yourself, your own life and emotion'. So I lingered on the bed and then dialled a number in the office to cancel the arranged meeting that I was supposed to have. It was a day nicely spent at home.

I don't remember this united Germany night of glory back on the November 9th, 1989. I was probably sleeping in the dormitory of my boarding school. Back then, I couldn't be bothered, there was too much pressure at school and too many pimples to pop. I couldn't really open up my young mind. But today, it is on our face that the human race is splitting in many ways. People are fighting for too many reasons. So such rare and real case of unification of a great country and its people is a joy worth sharing. In the near future, it is unlikely that there will be another great historical event in the name of unification, but we can learn from this special one and hope for another.


To commemorate this special day, I have united a pair of mollies, one black and the other white, in square jar filled with an exotic plant that I bought last weekend. They are such a lovely couple. I feel love radiated from the jar each time I look at it.



Home Of The Mollies







Lovely Mollies

6 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! jumper...the fall of the berlin wall should not be celebrated because another bigger wall that replaced it was bringing much more suffering and humiliating to the human civilisation and sanity without any concrete actions from the so called civilised world! i wish i can rule the world!

ms.d said...

pimples to pop?? hahahahahaha

ohhh lovely mollies...
used to have my ikans with me, gold fish couple...but now, they both died... they've been living with me for 3 superb years!!! died because they missed me...gave it away when i left the uk... hhuhu

have u consult the vet? can the fish lives in that jar? when i had my 2 goldfish, the vet told me, 1" fish size should have at least 1.5 gallons of water in a bowl...

hahah do i sound like a fish freak?maybe, because i'm a fish lover! hahaha...

have a pleasant week mr.jumper!

Syamsulfaiz said...

Great ! What can be a better excuse not to come to a meeting other than playing with a pair of mollies. Ha ha ha

Have you put that water fertiliser? I hope the mollies dont turn blue.

Lovely mollies !

Jumper said...

danial ma,
You have a great expectation. I do hope you rule the world!
Well, it's like seeing a partially filled glass of milk. You want it full and question the unfulfilled 80%. I choose to appreciate the 20% filled, though little, it's good enough to nourish me than nothing at all....Though you may not rule the world, I hope you and your caravan of 10 bagpacks, bring happiness and better meaning of civilisation as much as you can shed in your travel...

ms.d
How nice to have a fish expert, who could advise me for free :)
The initial plan was to get a solo fighting fish, but they are sold out in the part of Dubai I live. So I bought the mollies instead and since they are sociable creatures, I got a pair.
Anyway, creatures in Dubai are adaptable. Dubai dwellers are confined in labour camps, studio and single bedroom apartments due to ridiculuosly high property value. So my mollies are no exception.And you should rekindle your fish-keeping hobby...

Syamsulfaiz,
I guess, lawyers are good at reading between the lines. Indeed, the meeting would be a waste of time. At least, playing with the mollies helps to retain my sanity.
I have put 4 drops of it on the same day I took the plant home after our night out. I got the mollies 2 days later. They are still swimming in their natural colours. I'll put another 4 drops tomorrow. Will see if they would turn blue or touch wood, floating lifeless on the surface...
Long live the lovely mollies!

azizi said...

talk about those beautiful mollies, thinking about the yin and yang stuff. :-) , black and white. what a philosophy within. *i bet those mollies in return will provide natural dungs. :-)

talk about to rule the world.
well, everybody does.
whatever it is, just try to make yourself happy. i bet that the first rule. :-) ......
be happy! .... and happy. like a happy bunny. :-)

Jumper said...

azizi,
Indeed, we ought to be alive and happy. So I nominate you to be the mascot of the happy bunny. Can't think of anyone else to don the bunny suit to rule the world..
Take care, buddy.