Tuesday 21 October 2008

Tempeyek, the champ! Welcome Wrigleys

My wife and mom packed me some raya cookies and tit-bits. I decided to take tempeyek, tart nenas and popiah kecik goreng simpul in 3 separate containers of about the same size to my office on my first day of duty after my holiday. So I announced to all of my fellow associates in the office.



"Guys, help me to finish these things I get for you from Malaysia."


"Wow, what are those?"


"They are spiced crackers, pimpled with ground nuts, pretty oily, crunchy and tasty (my description of tempeyek). The other one is pineapple tart, my mother-in-law made it and my wife made me to hand carry it all the way from Malaysia, because it's brittle, but tropically sweet. The last one is this fried tiny twisted crackers with dried prawn paste filled inside".


Later I was told by my wife the dried paste of tiny popiah goreng simpul was made of anchovy, not prawn as I had incorrectly declared.

Tempeyek has been the most favoured and it's gone in less than 4 hours. So tempeyek is the champ! Next, is the tart nenas. Lastly, the popiah simpul.

When I came back the next day, all of them were gone. Even the containers were nowhere to be found. In my search for my containers, I found a box in my pigeon hole. It's a box of Wrigley's chewing gums, complimentary from the company to commemorate the joining of Wrigley's in our business.



So we are mostly seen chewing gums in the office......apart from eating chocolates. We have no excuse to be unhappy.

5 comments:

pugly said...

Sounds like MY kind of heaven. Are they looking for people at your place? ;-)

Jumper said...

Being the 1st & the only Malaysian in the organisation, I'm welcoming the 2nd & so forth. Just to add belacan flavour in the atmosphere. Send me your pretty resume and I'm pretty sure to park it at pretty strategic place. But life can be pretty ugly here in Dubai, mind ya. Belinda Carlisle lied, there's no heaven on earth...

Roti Kacang Merah said...

helo helo durian...when a celeb blogger like pugly really dropped you a comment -- you automatically become a celeb yourself, yo!!! ;-D

hey wrigleys halal ke tak, ni? emails go around in m'sia about it being 'not halal'... please advise!

Jumper said...

RKB,
Thanks for your comment. I'm not in the position to halalkan yg haram or haramkan yg halal. But please forward the emails to my business address below so that I can get our commercial people to do their job.Thanks again.

kamaludin.mustaffa@eu.effem.com

Roti Kacang Merah said...

aiyak i've deleted those emails, lah.

however, it says halal here, but not here, though good reading from an email from the Consumer's Affairs here.

hope that helps!