Tuesday 21 October 2008

Home Coming - Eid Mubarak - The Last Part

Events on 6 - 9 October in a flashback.........

Our journey back from JB to Klang on the 5th October was blessed. We left in the evening. The traffic was congested at the usual spot, before reaching Seremban. But it let us moved and reached KL by 10:30PM, still early to catch late supper at Uptown Damansara.

The remaining of the days, I continued my chauffeuring service. In between the pick ups, I helped my wife with her thesis write up. She is working on her cardiology study on pulmonary capacitance. I really have no idea what is that all about. What I did was making Excel charts for her data and findings. I ran several statistical analyses on her data using this cool statistics software, a pirated DVD-rom copy that she got from her friend. I have to leave her struggling to complete the rest of it and to present her work in November.


We took one day to renew Hadiff's passport. With God's will, he is now able to roam around the world, except Israel. There will be no reason for anyone to ask for anything, to let him go.

I had enough of the rain. I didn't run in the rain, for fear that I might catch a flu or something and other Malaysians might take me as a loony on the loose. I did a lot of driving in the rain, though.

I had a net weight loss of 4 kg. Initially, I weighed 78kg. At the end of Ramadan, I weighed 72kg. After the first week of Syawal, I regained 2kg.
I tried as much as I could to read to my children. Reading with Aimi was fun and interactive. She is blessed with good imagination to ask me beyond what was written on the pages. We were not able to complete the book. I have to leave her to read on her own or with her mother's assistance. Hopefully, she will read to know what happened to Black Beauty in the end.


Reading with Hadiff, as expected, is a challenge. He is very visual. He needs to see the glittering treasure to get us going with the plot in Tresure Island. I have to leave him to find his own treasure in reading. Hopefully, he will find a map or magnet to this precious pastime.


I have to leave these 2 kids of mine to continue with their childhood journey. I have to leave them to complement each other and to savour each other's company. Hopefully, their childhood will be remembered as pleasant experiences, even with the episodes when their father is physically not with them.



I missed the flight at 12:30 afternoon on the 9th October. I reached the check-in counter 45 minutes before the departure. They had closed the system and they didn't let me in, even though I tried to sweet-talk the officer like they did in the Amazing Race. It was all because my mom's nasi lemak. We should get to the airport straight from my home. But then my mom called that she made nasi lemak. We drove to her place and had the nasi lemak there. This irressitable detour had caused us an extra 45 minutes of my critical timing. I had to pay AED 150 (RM 144) extra to book me into the next flight at 23:59 on the same date. It was sad to leave but I was relief to hold the ticket back to Dubai.

The flight home was almost full. I slept almost all the way. There were a balanced number of female and male stewards. On the flight, I did a mental check on the to-do list that I had made. I didn't get them all ticked to score an A+ execution. But it was all right.

5 comments:

Azmir Ismail said...

Interesting tales that you wrote for Homecoming :-) I enjoyed reading it. The only bummer was the Kastam episode, it was sad n despicable at the same time. Melayu jugak yg buat perangai mcm tu ... :( next time u balik gimme a buzz la ..then we can chill a bit ...

Jumper said...

Omecool20,
Hi to you. Yeah, we can lepak at Uptown, the next time. Your images with the swing and now with the kain pelekat are simply unforgettable.

Roti Kacang Merah said...

LOVE that photos of your kids walking side by side.

you're SO lucky...

Jumper said...

RKB,
Luck is like chocolate in the world. As a production manager, I'd say there should be enough for everybody especially if it's shared. Each of us gets it at different time, different shape, style and size. Hold on to what YOU believe.
"Allah says Yes, and gives you what you want;
Allah says No, and gives you something better;
Allah says Wait, and gives you The Best in His own time."
Nothing sounds greater than that.

Jumper said...

Opps...RKM, not RKB, to err is me