Saturday 1 May 2010

The Three Amigos' Night Out

Jorge has got a new job in Mirdiff and he felt on top of the world. Erik wanted to feel extravagant and glamourous before he ended his first trip in the Middle East. I just wanted a different ambience after completing a 12-hour shift. So we were the three amigos on the loose and we found our way to the Burj Al Arab. Reluctantly, the security guard let the barrier down at the grand entrance of this self-proclaimed 7-star hotel to let us in, in a dirty navy blue Jeep.  I heard myself said, "Damn, I should have it washed", when my Jeep was temporarily parked next to a shiny Maserati, infront of the glittering lobby.


When we entered the lobby, we were greeted well but our expectations were mountain high. We expected a garland of flowers fixed around the neck by beauty queens with a kiss as welcoming gestures. We hoped for a flying carpet instead of an elevator to go up to the mezzanine floor. We wished that we get to see things we have never seen before, like real rainbow  inside the buiding and a pot of gold at the end of it. Then, we realized that we only pay 185 dirhams each for this event and so we stopped dreaming and being realistic. It worked wonder and we started having fun.

The most natural thing to do at the lobby is to look up and then everyone can tell that it's your first time there.


That night the lightings inside the building were minimal to create the romantic and relaxed mood but it was enough to make the extravagance clear and visible.




The water works at the slope next to the elevator was brilliant. It jumped on air as if it has a life of its own.


The three amigos



We started sober having those juicy sushi, tempura and even satay.....




and then came the two rounds of drinks when the amigos got a little tipsy


Jorge belittled the famous MH, Malaysian Hospitality when his Mexican persona made him march to the kitchen to meet the chef who prepared our sushi. He thanked him wholeheartedly like it was better than Nobu's. I was then re-assessing my taste buds...was it really THAT good?

Check this out, the best offer at the spa, the one and only, Rose Rejuvenation Ritual, 1600 dirhams for 115 minutes...but we ain't no roses and we ain't that rich either, so thank you very much.


Nevertheless, curiosity took us to sneak into the spa and we made ourselves rejuvenated there....

The spa ritual ended with a sweat up session of floor mopping....awesome!


Erik has forgotten his room number and looking around for familiar sign to find his way back

Can't really blame Erik. Just look at all those rooms...they were so standardized and obsessively organized.

Erik didn't make it to his room, but we found our way out...

Burj Al Arab, near and far....




6 comments:

Inah said...

oh myy..it is so niceeeeeeeee..awesome architecture!! wish i can go there one day :)

hady said...

over the top lah ayat brader ni...
hahaha!

but i bet, that was an awesome experience, rite..

betul ke the dinner set just cost you 185 dirham? As far as im concerned, the high tea in burj al arab dah 300++ dirham..

:)

Jumper said...

Inah,
Perhaps you should come here to reward yourself when you complete your PhD....

Hady,
Over the top?? I have no shame to admit that I pick some of the skills from you, the so-called future top architect. Hahaha!

My friend made all the arrangements, so I don't have the details. It's not really a dinner set, they served starters and drinks for the price, and you can add more depending how much you want to spend. If you want to find out more call +97143017600, a lady representing Burj Al Arab will be at your service.

Ms B said...

I'll make sure I set my foot there on my next trip, time permits of course. I do love the ambience at one of the places we went for dinner. located next to the bay with view of yatches, the young lady and I had a great time.

Jumper said...

Ms B,
But first, you must make sure you give me a buzz when you set your foot here in your next trip.. I guess the place you mentioned could either be the Dubai Marina area or the waterfront of Le Meridien Mina Seyahi, where many yatchs moored in style...

Syamsulfaiz said...

The Burj Al Arab is one of the places which is so near to me but yet still far. I have never had the chance to even have a thought to visit it. I think I should do it soon. Just to strike it out from my Places to Visit Before I Die list.