Saturday 20 December 2008

Meet Rose Petal Tattooist, Fain from Zimbabwe

Fain is from Zimbabwe and his wife is from Ireland and they met in Dubai. They are at China Court, Ibnu Battuta Mall in a small hut selling roses from Colombia with their specialty of having fancy designs and words printed on the rose petals. It may offend hardcore tattooists in Amsterdam that I refer Fain in the same category with them, but Fain's business concept is simple and brilliant. Using a customized printer he prints the agreed images in just a few minutes. His roses are fresh despite their origin in another continent. He delivers his service with big friendly smiles. I have learnt from this man that with innovative idea, though simple and humble it may be seen, and with the right attitude, a man can strike a living wherever he sets his foot. I'm not surprised that he might even develop his idea one day to totally revamp the tattoo methodology from that long stinging process of ink insertion into a simpler solution. Anyway, I have no tattoo on my body to make any qualified remark and I don't intent to provoke any hardcore tattooists or any religious persons who are intolerable with anything related to tattoos, but I'm impressed with Fain's work on my roses.





I have a white rose for my wife and a pink rose for my daughter. They are the roses in my heart and they will be here tonight. These roses will greet them at the airport when they arrive 7 hours from the time I'm writing this.

My son will definitely say, "What about me? Me? Me?....". To avoid his disappointment, I bought a Spiderman's phlat ball for him for the welcoming gift. It is a disc and once it is tossed it turns into a ball. My son likes this kind of thing......


Back to Fain, he reminded me to tell friends of mine that he will be at the same spot until 23rd December. So friends of mine, come and get 'em roses 'tattooed'.

13 comments:

Inah said...

wow..rose tattooed!! first time tengok :)

nak jugakkkk..tapi jauh sangat :P

AiWongKa said...

Hi Jumper, you must be extremely happy, now that your wife & kids are here for the holiday. Enjoy!

orangmuar said...

glad to hear your beloved wife and kids coming by.... enjoy the moment..... and my wishes... Happy Family Day....

orangmuar said...

may I just ask... I can't help asking you this, since I saw the word.. "Welcome Bojo" on the rose petal that I presume for your wife... Koe wong jowo yo?

Jumper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jumper said...

Inah,
Fain travelled around the world to sell his tattooed roses. Perhaps one day he'll be in the down under. Perhaps other guys would do the same and set a booth to sell the roses in Adelaide. Perhaps the booth would be set up on the day you graduate with PhD and there will be someone buying one or a bunch for you... Perhaps...Perhaps...

kkearthling
Thanks for wishing well...
Enjoy your life in Dubai, too. Isn't the weather fantastic now?!

orangmuar
Spot on. Now it's really my turn for A Family Day. Thanks.
You're so attentive. Yes, Bojo is a Jowo word, means significant other / pasangan. My wife is Jowo-Bugis. Before we got married, we're friends calling each other's nick names. My mother-in-law who is 100% Jowo from Parit Raja told us it didn't sound right. After that we call each other Bojo, for I can't stand other ticklish words like Sayang, Darling, Love, Honey, Sweetheart, Dinda & Kanda, you know what I mean.... I'm just a plain Melayu from Melaka or what you call Ngentil or something. My kids are 25% Jowo and I encourage my wife to teach my kids to ngomong Jowo.

Ms B said...

Wow! The roses look lovely! Very delicate piece of work. Your wife and daughter will love it.

Lee said...

Hi Jumper, nice posting. Very interesting.
Anyway, wishing you the very best of Seasons greetings. Happy holidays, and a happy new year to you. Lee.

Syamsulfaiz said...

Salam Jumper,

Salam perkenalan.

Good blog posts you have here. I am your blog reader from now on.

hady said...

salam jumper

can i link to ur blog?

mine is www.andiarshad.blogspot.com

Al Khalifah said...

Hi Jumper,
Enjoy the holiday break! Wow, your family is around too...

Jumper said...

Ms B,
Thanks for your comment. It has been 7 days now and the roses and their tattoos have yet aged and withered. My wife adores them, but my daughter forgets about the rose after the first day.

U.Lee,
Thanks for dropping by and thanks for all your earlier inspiring postings about be chivalry and gentleman-like.
Have a good year ahead!

Syamsulfaiz,
Thanks for dropping by. I'm honoured to have a lawyer reading my blog. I've made a quick check at your blog. Good stuff you put in there.
Happy New Year.

Hady,
Thanks for visiting.
No problem - just linklah..
If I've known you earlier I could have invited you to join me & my family on our visit to the Wild Wadi. It's pretty pricey but awesome.
Now you know that I've scanned through your blog.
Anyway, have a pleasant stay in Dubai. Happy New Year!!

Al-Khalifah,
Thanks for commenting.
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Hope the new year brings greater wealth, health and peace of mind to you....

niQue_naQ said...

gorgeous roses! i think i saw something like that when i was in Seville, Spain last year..but they cost close to 10 euros! so expensive huhu

u must be so happy yr family is there with you (^_^)