Wednesday 24 September 2008

This is where I start..

~Start~

An old friend of mine, RBB, whom I found recently from the virtual lost-and-found counter, has insisted that I start to blog. She wrote that I shouldn't waste my energy writing in seclusion and privacy. Instead I should share my moments to whom they may concern. So I try to be systematic in my deliberation to blog, or not to blog.

Being a negative thinker, I start with 9 reasons NOT to blog:
1. Bloggers are perceived as good-for-nothing, with nothing else to do. My buddy AA said "these people are trying to show off what little they have done". So to blog means, AA will most probably sneer at me and say "..and you too have joined the drama in Blogger-wood?!"
2. Bloggers are make-believe writers. It's my believe that bloggers get the high from writing, thinking they contribute something to the world the way famous writers do. If I'm not making myself clear, let's say, it's like when one is mustebeting and having the pleasure thinking he is actually having a real sec. This brings another problem with blogging, there is no watchful editor to censor such profanity and also proof-readers to correct the missepellings.
3. Bloggers can be manipulators and mind-twisters. It may be just a perception, but I have some instances that certain group of bloggers blog to accomplish certain agenda. They use one of two bad examples to paint a totally dark sky and some victimized, gullible viewers actually see the darkness and nothing else.
4. Bloggers go to jail. This happens when bloggers are perceived as threatening the internal security at the national front. I may not want to word more on this matter, for fear that I might go to jail on my very first entry!
5. Bloggers get called to the department head's office. This happens to my wife's friend. This poor blogger was then allegedly blacklisted.
6. Bloggers put their lives on display with the spot-light on. Their identity and privacy as well as their loved ones are exposed to possible exploitations.
7. Bloggers just add burden to their lives. They feel the pressure for not updating their blog regularly, they feel hopeless if they experience writers' block, or bloggers' block, if it ever exists. Bloggers have to struggle daily thinking what to blog and what not.
8. Bloggers may repel friends and hurt family members. Bloggers in their excitement on blogging juicy subjects, may hurt somebody's feeling and peace of mind.
9. Bloggers may regret what they previously blogged. Blog entries are spontaneous. I cannot imagine someone jot down points and then drafts them on a piece of paper before making an entry. Most entries may not be thought through thoroughly. After some time, bloggers might end up saying 'I shouldn't have typed that crap'.


Hereunder are the reasons to blog:
1. Bloggers get connected with family members and friends, to tell them that the bloggers are still alive and kicking (quoted from RBB)
2. Bloggers have the opportunity to be associated with other great bloggers (quoted from RBB)
3. Bloggers get themselves busy thinking what to blog, what not, how and when to post their entries. Bloggers' minds are active trying to be observant, critical and creative by denying the natural decline of their ageing brain cells.
4. Bloggers are kept busy doing something worth blogging about. It's a desperate effort to make life less ordinary.
5. Bloggers are efficient custodians of their own affairs and perhaps others' too. Previous experiences can be referred to, learnt from and laugh at.
6. Bloggers may get pathethic sense of achievement. Having an established blogspot with inspiring feedback from others, simply beats boredom and gives simple pleasure that they have achieved something.
7. Bloggers can improve their talent in organizing and processing words. It's a way to redeem their previous failure to impress their picky English teachers back in the school years.

That has always been me. I can always come up with more negative than positive thoughts. But then again, life is not always about numbers. I can have 7 Perodua Kancils and still not being able to be in the same league with AA with his one and only BMW. But having this posted, means I have joined the pathetic world of bloggers. So, this is my maiden entry. The first step to 10,000 miles of words. And if ever at my 9,999 word-o-meter mileage, that I have gone beserk and become a manipulator, mind-twister, liar, a threat to internal security and be sent to jail, I have only one person to blame. RBB, if you're reading this, you ought to know that you have inspired me to do this and so, do your duty to bail me out. Let's hope it won't be the case.

~Finish~

3 comments:

Roti Kacang Merah said...

tak kisah lah if we are ALL of the 9 negative reasons above, yang penting we're now in the same league of the likes of Tun M (not that i'm his biggest fan) and even some professional hooker somewhere in New York!

Dulu, KJ and his fellas (even Tun M, if I may recall) used to call us bloggers as "Beruk".

I suppose, it is only apt for me now to wish ya... "WELCOME TO THE ZOO, DURIAAAAAN!!!"

hahaha

Jumper said...

My tail is wiggling..... happy to have the ticket to the zoo. Thank you.

[danial][ma] said...

hej! durian in dubai...just bloghopping...i love the reason to blog no.3..yeah to make the brain active and as blogger you are the one to cotrol everything of your blog...gambate! ;-)